Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Summer Showers


I'm so excited to be able to introduce you all to Summer Showers. This was the first time I had a name in my head for the doll before it was even made. Usually I have to wait to see that face and get that feeling, but with her, I just knew.

I loved being able to share my process with everyone.(Her "Making Of" Post) I really liked being able to carry the motif of a fresh summer shower both in her accessories and in her colors. This was the second time I worked with gradients, and I really wanted to show many different gradients in her body (like an ever changing sky). You can especially see it on her back, where there are 3 areas where the color is allowed to fade as well as a surprise splash of blue on her head for a bit of whimsy.
Look at all those gradients!

Such a chubby little body & her magnetic little hair clip
I kept her face softer and rounder than all the other ones I have done before because I really wanted all of her to reflect that softness and warmth that I associate with summer. I instead of just rounding her eyes this time, I did pull down the top eyelid for a more feminine expression.
Close up side view of her face
Well that's it for mohair for now. I need to get my tuckus back on the commission track. Next up a Foosa. This should be quite an adventure for me. Can't wait to share it with all of you.

<3 Laine

2 comments:

  1. I love the pastel colours of this bunny, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wayne! I am loving gradients and colorways lately, so I was hoping to dye an entire series of gradient mohair based on the colors of the seasons. It's still winter and snowing where I am, but I'm looking forward to the bright colors of the upcoming season!

      Delete