Saturday, April 12, 2014

Introducing Spring Serendipity


To adopt her: please contact me at paeoniadrop@hotmail.com

Spring is finally in the air. Where I live that means we went from snow to 80 F weather in the blink of a week, but that's nothing to deter me. She is the second piece in my "Four Seasons" line (name still pending some change).



It actually took me a little playing around to decide on her final color palette. I knew I really wanted to do warm palette, but it took some deciding before I finally settled on pink and orange for her colorway. The ombre is much more gradual this time, with her ears fading into her body to gradient down to an orange just as her body is changing to orange. Even her little legs fade from a light to darker orange on their way down.

With the actual doll, I started with her multicolored hairpiece, and 3 hours and a good number of petals later, I had the base for her personality. I envisioned her as a blooming flower and a little bit of Venus in a half shell. (Which I tried to capture in her standing portrait)
Lily details on the ends of her collar ties


Hand sewing adds a sweet subtle pseudo scalloping on her collar

This was also the first time I documented the entire needle felting process (which I may add to my patterns later). I've never attempted it before because I need both hands to control the wool as I add it to her face, but hopefully they will provide those who want to create their own bunnies with more of a clearer picture of my process. I think this little add on will contain at least 10 images. (Pattern can be purchased here: http://paeoniadrop.storenvy.com/products/6064828-chubby-small-bunny-pdf-pattern)

Anyways, I hope you enjoy her and look forward to my Autumn and Winter inspired pieces

<3 Laine



1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for your message on my blog. Your plushies are so adorable and sweet, I like them a lot ! Keep up the great work!

    Hope you have a wonderful Easter too! :')

    ReplyDelete